Retain an Interim CMO
Start-ups and emerging companies often need an experienced marketing executive to craft the marketing strategy and build an integrated marketing plan, but cannot afford a full-time role. As a result, some of the following challenges may be apparent:
- Simplistic focus on lead quantity ("Just get us leads"): A volume based approach to demand generation that results in many poor "leads" and wasted effort by Sales to prioritize the "good" leads.
- Weak messaging and positioning: Core messaging (USP, elevator pitch, key benefits, features, etc.) is not crisply articulated resulting in muddled messaging to prospects and channels.
- "Company-centric" sales process: The sales process/methodology is built from the company perspective instead of being "customer-centric". As a result, sales cycles are longer.
- Single touch marketing vs. integrated, sustained campaigns: Single touch campaigns (i.e., email blast, tradeshow booth) result in cold leads and lower sales rep productivity.
- "Brand" building: Overspend on brand building robs funding/resources for focused lead generation programs results in smaller sales pipeline.
- No Marketing seat at the Executive table: Lack of a peer-level marketing executive results in sub-optimal decisions on product, customers, and marketing.
- Underinvesting in Channels: The Company needs the channel partner, not the other way around. Underinvesting in channel training/incentives/programs results in weak channel support for the product.
These are just some of the challenges that Key Crossing can help avoid or overcome by providing an interim or part-time CMO. We have the know-how to quickly craft a marketing strategy in line with the business goals, align with the sales and executive leadership, work closely with the marketing staff and agencies, and deliver measurable results.
Larger firms may need an interim marketing leader to provide strategic, turnaround, or leadership transition support. We can work closely with the leadership team to provide short-term support ranging from a few weeks to a few months.
Interim Channel Leader
Key Crossing can also provide a part-time or interim channel leader to manage the channel effort. We have the experience and acumen to quickly form channel strategies and programs in line with the revenue goals. We use a structured approach to assessing the channel partners/programs and can help the sales team quickly revitalize and grow revenue.
Contact us today to see how Key Crossing can help strengthen your marketing and channel team.